Social Security Number Trace (Person Search)
- Whether SSN was validly issued
- Previous addresses associated with SSN
- All names associated with SSN
- Whether SSN belongs to a deceased person
- Year/State SSN was issued*
*The SSA changed the way the SSN’s were issued on June 25, 2011. Year and State of issuance cannot be determined on SSN’s issued after this date.
This is a instant search. Turn-around is 24 hours due to Occuscreen’s audit process of information.
The SSN trace should only be used as an investigative tool to help expand the parameters of the criminal check by identifying previous names and addresses an applicant may have used, and as a warning that the number may be invalid. The information obtained in this search should never be used by itself as the basis to make an employment decision.