Occuscreen, LLC is a consumer reporting agency that prepares consumer reports for authorized users under the provisions of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). It is required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. §1681 et seq. (“FCRA”) to maintain the confidentiality of all consumer information, which is strictly followed by Occuscreen, LLC.
Occuscreen, LLC provides consumer reports to an individual consumer only upon the request of a user with a permissible purpose under the FCRA to request the information. Permissible purposes under the FCRA can include (but are not limited to): for an extension of credit, as instructed by the consumer in writing, for employment purposes, in connection with the underwriting of insurance or in connection with a business transaction. The FCRA requires that all users screening for employment purposes, certify that they have a permissible purpose for ordering the report and have also obtained written authorization from the consumer to request information, prior to Occuscreen supplying the information to the user.
As part of the user agreement upon setting up an account with Occuscreen, LLC, each user must submit to reasonable audits to confirm that they do, in fact, obtain such consents (and show proof of the consents), as well as confirm their permissible purpose for ordering reports under the FCRA. Our customers also agree to keep all information confidential and secure.
NOTE: Occuscreen, LLC does not maintain a database of consumer information.
Personal Information Disclosure, United States or Overseas
Occuscreen, LLC does not send consumer information outside of the United States or its territories for any purpose other than to deliver a report to an end user. Of course, if information is sought by a user from outside of the United States, the information is gathered in that country and then transmitted to us here in the United States where it is treated as any other consumer information. When this situation does occur, Occuscreen, LLC goes to great length to protect applicant data by using vetted researchers to do the research in the specific foreign country. Occuscreen, LLC only releases the minimum information necessary to complete the requested search.
Any information gathered on any consumer may only be provided to the user authorized by the consumer or permitted by the FCRA or similar state law to receive the information. We cannot and do not share, sell or distribute consumer information with or to any third party other than the requesting party thereof.
NOTE: Occuscreen, LLC may be required, upon receipt of a court order to release the information in civil litigation, or as otherwise required by law, to disclose information regarding a consumer to law enforcement agencies.
Any consumer, upon proper identification, has the right under the FCRA and applicable state law, to request us to furnish to the consumer any and all information we may have on that consumer. The consumer also has the right to dispute the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in the consumer’s file. See “A Summary of Your Rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act” for additional information on your rights in regard to screening.
Additional Privacy Initiatives/Procedures
- Access to confidential consumer information is limited within Occuscreen, LLC to those who are in positions requiring access, which would include job duties of obtaining and transmitting information on the consumer or those dealing with a consumer request for information or consumer disputes.
- Access to Occuscreen, LLC’s computer terminals, file cabinets, fax machines, trash bins, desktops, etc. are secure from unauthorized access.
- Occuscreen, LLC maintains a secure network to safeguard consumer information from internal and external threat. Security measures include, but are not limited to, 128-bit SSL encryption and strong password protection.
- Any backup data is maintained in an encrypted form and at an offsite secure location.
- Occuscreen, LLC maintains records on each request for information and identifies each user who requested information on a consumer.
- Employees are prohibited from “browsing” files or databases without a business justification.
- Destruction of consumer information follows the Federal Trade Commission’s requirements that the information be unreadable upon disposal. Occuscreen, LLC contracts with a vetted destruction company, which assists in complying with all FTC regulations.