Terms and Conditions Associated With Report Access
- the subject of the Report (“the Consumer”) has authorized in writing your procurement of the Report;
- you will use the Report solely for the purpose authorized by the Consumer;
- the Consumer has received any required disclosure regarding the Report, including, but not limited to, any disclosure required under Section 604(b) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”);
- you will not use information from the Report in violation of any applicable law, including but not limited to any Federal or State equal employment opportunity law or regulation; and
- you will comply with the adverse action requirements described in the FCRA and state and local law should they become applicable. This includes any applicable requirement under Section 604(b)(3) of the FCRA.
If the Consumer resides in California or works in California or is seeking to perform work in California, you also certify that: (1) you have complied with all disclosure and authorization requirements set forth in California Civil Code 1786.16, including any applicable check box requirement, (2) you will comply with any adverse action requirements set forth under California law (including those identified in California Civil Code 1786.40) should they become applicable, and (3) you have otherwise met all requirements for obtaining a Consumer Report or Investigative Consumer Report under California law;
If you are accessing an Investigative Consumer Report as defined by the FCRA, you further certify that you have provided the Consumer the disclosure identified in Section 606(a)(1) of the FCRA, and have met all other requirements for obtaining Investigative Consumer Reports. You also certify that, upon receipt of a request by the Consumer for additional information about the Investigative Consumer Report being ordered, you shall completely and accurately disclose in writing the nature and scope of the investigation, and shall do so not later than five (5) days after the date on which the request for additional disclosure was received from the Consumer or the date you first requested access to the Report, whichever is later.
In all instances, you certify that you have complied with and shall continue to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local background screening laws.